Coloring Blog by Päivi
Tuesday 12/6/16 time 6:20 PM
When it is time to go to bed at night, all kinds of thoughts begin to spin wildly and will not go away.
It is difficult to get to sleep, when the brain goes into overdrive. The mind wanders its own paths, and the body is full of energy, even though it should prepare itself to relax and calm down for sleep.
Does this sound familiar?
I have a tendency to dwell on the things on my mind at night. Falling asleep might take me hours. It is really annoying, and it puts additional strain on the already stressed mind.
Because I am crazy about coloring myself, I began to study and test how the coloring could help me to fall asleep.
As a result, I developed an easy and convenient way for all insomnia sufferers to fall asleep more easily. You should use it as regularly as possible, preferably every night.
Try the Sleep Well coloring this evening:
1. Find a coloring page where the areas are long and narrow. I am talking about an image, where you can find a kind of a stream that the pen can easily follow.
2. Take out your gel pens and pick only the dark shades of blue and violet. Blue-green shades are also good. Three to five pens are enough.
3. Put the coloring picture and the pencils ready next to the bed. Please set aside about half an hour for the coloring, which means you might want to go to the bed a little earlier than usual.
4. Choose the colors randomly. Pick the pens so that you can not see them.
5. Color at a steady pace. Let your thoughts merge with the color, one stroke at a time. Just focus on the coloring and enjoy the colors carrying you towards a good night's sleep.
Pens: Gel pens
Monday 12/5/16 time 2:29 PM
Because you found this blog post, I think that you have a tough and busy everyday life, too. Maybe you have a demanding job, or maybe your life is burdensome in other ways.
After a hectic day your brain is on overdrove, your heart might beat irregularly, the blood pressure is high and you feel uneasy. If you get your body as well as your mind to unwind as soon as possible after your day at work, you will have the whole evening to do something more pleasurable. For example, you can have time for your hobbies, meet your friends, or do something else that you enjoy.
A good and an efficient way to calm yourself is to color.
When you focus on the coloring, you tend to turn off your unpleasant thoughts and thus your brain gets a rest. As a result, your mind as well as your body relax and calm down.
A few more tips to get additional benefits:
2) Color it with green-toned markers or gel pens
A pleasant picture is the most important starting point. Simply by looking at the beautiful picture your mind begins to soothe, little by little.
Mandalas and repetitive patterns are the best coloring pictures to quiet the mind. Repetitive, mechanical action helps you to focus on this moment.
Different shades of green have a calming and soothing effect. Besides them, you can also use shades of blue and violet .
With gel pens, you get intense colors easily. When coloring with gel pens, you have to make quite small strokes, which has a calming effect as well.
With alcohol markers, you get a smooth and beautiful surface, which helps to clear your mind.